Let’s face it; who doesn’t love watching inspirational stories right? And what better story is there than a story about someone facing the struggles of trying to succeed in business and in life? There are actually several significant lessons entrepreneurs can learn from Hollywood’s version of entrepreneurship as displayed in these movies and below are five movies every entrepreneur should definitely watch because all of them have important lessons especially for budding entrepreneurs:
The Pursuit of Happyness
Besides being an iconic and inspirational real-life tale that will have an effect on most people, it is especially relevant for those in pursuit of their own dreams.
It’s about investing in your life and never giving up for the want of a better life.
Some of the real-life lessons you can gain from this movie include:
– Hitting rock bottom; things may become worse before they get better; the road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.
– Don’t be afraid to aim high even if the odds are stacked against you.
– Work for it as if your life depended on it. Success comes with working incredibly hard.
– Increase your chances of success by not wasting time and using your resources wisely.
– Get back up whenever you get knocked down.
– Don’t let people’s opinions stop you, even if you are constantly put down by others.
– Show no weakness in business.
These further 4 movies will inspire and teach other valuable lessons in life and business. Whatever stage you are at – there’s a lot you can learn from these entrepreneurial-minded show-stoppers.
The Godfather (Trilogy):
Possibly the ultimate feature film for entrepreneurs to watch. Not just thrilling and thought-provoking but it also prepares you for the business world. It highlights why relationships and networks matter as well as alliances, why helping people leads to good business and why understanding the competition and competitive up with effective strategies is the key to success.
Based on a true story that beautifully illustrates why it’s not about how much you have at the start, you can eventually win in the end just by sheer guts, grit, and determination. The movie also touches on social responsibility and doing good when the odds are stacked against you, sustainable business models, and female empowerment and gender biases in the business world.
Catch Me If You Can
A classic film, it’s based on real events that personify a person’s entrepreneurial journey. This movie touches on important skills like creative problem solving, business vision, sales techniques, how something good can come out of something bad, the skill and mastery of good old-fashioned hustle, and how charisma can actually help you succeed in life. The lead character may not be an exemplary example of how to go about being the model entrepreneur but it certainly makes for resourceful watching!
Jerry Maguire is a classic movie that everyone loves and some of the most important take-aways from this movie are:
– When you are following your dream, everything else will fall into place,
– Take care of your clients and the money will take care of itself and not the other way around.
– You can succeed again after losing everything. And the journey will be worth it.
– Values and virtues are important building blocks of business.
– Personal relationships are vital.
To conclude, whether you’re an established entrepreneur or an emerging one and you’re looking for something to lift your spirits up and give you more drive than watch these films with a vengeance and take notes.