With over a billion active users logging into Facebook daily, Facebook remains to be the undisputed king of social media platforms.
That’s why if you’re planning to drive sales to your business or traffic to your website then you definitely need to incorporate Facebook in your marketing strategy. If you’re still doubting what I just said because of all the new social media platforms out there that are popping up like mushrooms which seem cooler and hipper, here are seven actionable Facebook statistics from Wordstream that might change your mind.
1. 50 million businesses use Facebook Pages.
2.There are around 400 new users signing up for a Facebook account every minute.
3. Users access their Facebook accounts at an average of eight times per day.
4. 35 million people update their statuses on Facebook every single day.
5. Facebook Messenger alone has over 1.2 billion monthly active users.
6. As of June 30, 2017, Facebook has a whopping 2.01 billion monthly active users.
7. Facebook is apparently the “most important” social platform for marketers.
Now that I’ve thrown in some mind-boggling stats, here are a few more statistics from Wordstream that will prove to you that Facebook is a marketing force to be reckoned with.
8. 36% of users confirm that they are Facebook friends with their neighbors, 83% of parents with a teen between the ages of 13 and 17 say that they are friends with their child on Facebook and 58% confirm they are connected to their work colleagues in Facebooks. Which means that pretty much EVERYONE is on Facebook so if you target a specific type of consumer you’ll be able to target their family, friends and even work colleagues as well.
9. Thursdays and Fridays between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. are considered by many to be the best times to post on Facebook so if you’re thinking of posting a new content from your website or Facebook page try to stick within these timeframes for maximum engagement.
10. 57% of consumers confirm that social media influences their shopping which is aptly led by Facebook at 44%. This means that if you have an online store then Facebook is the best bet when it comes to possibly doubling your revenue.
11. Facebook Pages with smaller followings generally have a higher reach and engagement rates which means that even it’s quality over quantity. Even if you have a small following on your Facebook page, as long as your followers engage with your brand on a constant basis then you’ll be well on your way to making a decent money online.
12. User-generated content tends to generate 6.9 times the engagement of brand-generated content which means that if your customers love your product and decided to be vocal about it online, they’ll most likely get their families and friends to like your brand as well.
13. The most effective length for an ad title on Facebook is four words to fifteen words for a link description so just make sure that you keep your ad titles short and sweet for maximum engagement.
14. Images account for 75-90% of Facebook Ad performance so if you’re planning to release a Facebook ad then you need a visually captivating image to draw potential customers to your brand.
15. 26% of Facebook users who clicked on a Facebook ad reportedly made a purchase so this is proof that Facebook ads do work as long as you know how to create an effective Facebook ad.
16. 83% of women and 75% of men use Facebook, 83% of Facebook users worldwide are under the age of 45, 44% of Facebook users 18 and older are women. while 56% are men and 39% of Facebook users are married, while another 39% are single. These are actionable statistics that you can use to laser-focus on your target market and increase your sales.
17. Facebook is the preferred social platform of supermarket shoppers, in fact, 89% use it. Which means that Facebook is a goldmine for supermarket owners.
18. Facebook gets over 8 billion average daily video views, over 75% of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2020 and videos earn the highest engagement rate which means that if you’re serious about marketing your business then you should look at incorporating videos in your marketing strategy.
19. 42% of Facebook fans “like” a page with designs of getting a coupon or discount so if you want more likes on your Facebook page it’s probably a good idea to promote discounts as a marketing strategy.