Can you really make money from social media even if you don’t have a website?
The simple answer is yes you can. However, you have to bear in mind that for every superstar influencer making millions on Instagram or Facebook, there are also hundreds of thousands of people who are not making any money at all. The brutal reality is that nothing is ever guaranteed.
Since Instagram has boomed to insane heights, there’s also been a boom in social media influencers who are earning ridiculous amounts of money via Instagram. Top influencers like Selena Gomez, who has over 122 million followers, can earn over $550,000 per post. Kim Kardashian earns an average of $500,000 per post so you can see how some people can make millions out of their Instagram account.
Obviously, the brands that are willing to pay top dollar for influencers want to make sure they maximize their money so they would be looking for influencers who have a lot of followers. So how do you get sponsors to advertise on your social media account? Here are a few tips:
– You need to do your research. Approaching a sponsor without knowing what they need is like rushing into a war blindfolded. Take a look at their Facebook page and Instagram and Twitter account for example. What are they lacking? Is there a way for you to help them out? Are they engaging their followers? Can you suggest a few things that you can improve on if the sponsor decided to give you a chance to explain yourself?
– You need to post consistently. If you want to gain new followers and engage your existing ones then you need to post compelling content consistently. That’s the best way to gain authority and get people and brands to take notice.
– You need to tag brands, especially on Instagram. If you want a specific brand to take notice, you need to tag their Instagram page. If they like your posts and photos, they might even end up sharing your posts on their Instagram account which means more eyeballs for your account.
– Make sure brands know that you are open for sponsorship. If you want potential sponsors to reach out to you then your profile needs to specify an email or a phone number where sponsors can reach you for promotional opportunities. Make sure it’s really loud and clear that you’re open to potential partnerships.
– Be bold and send them a direct message. Tell the potential sponsor how much you love their brand and that you have some great ideas for a possible collaboration. If you message a sponsor but you don’t get a response at all, don’t lose heart because they probably a thousand emails themselves. If they do response then try to get an email address, it’s much more professional than chatting on Facebook or Instagram. Here’s an example of an email that can get you results.
I hope this email finds you well.
My name is Mike and my Instagram account is @miketheinfluencer. I’d love to be given the opportunity to collaborate with your brand.
Just to give you a quick outline of what my Instagram account is all about, my account focuses on men’s suits, based on my 10 years of being a fashion stylist. The people who follow me tend to be men aged between 21-36 who are actively prepared to spend for decent suits, which seems like a good match for the audience your brand targets with marketing. I currently have 10,000 followers, and an 85% engagement rate on my posts and I was previously a brand ambassador for Montagio Mens Suits Sydney and InStitchu.
I think there’s a great opportunity for us to benefit each other, and I’d like to propose a collaboration. Please let me know if my book account sparks any partnership ideas.
Thanks for your consideration!
– Try to interact with the brand’s posts and use their hashtags. If you do it constantly, their bound to take notice, especially if your social media profile has a decent amount of followers and you keep tagging them repeated again and again.
Most brands hesitate to invest money into social media because they worry about the return on investment.
If you want to gain sponsors for your social media account then you need to do your research, back your proposal with some convincing statistics and generate results. If you can provide results to potential customers then you’ll get sponsors that’ll come back to you again and again.